Have you ever felt disappointed after reading a wine review in which a wine expert described a dozen different flavors in the wine but you thought the wine tasted simply like white (or red) wine? Or maybe after reading a food-and-wine pairing article that tells you which foods pair with which wines without explaining why? If you have ever felt uncomfortable in a restaurant reading a multi-page wine list without knowing how to choose a wine or how to describe the style that you like, you have come to the right place! Join us for this wine course and let’s discover the natural and sensual beauty of wine together!
This course consists of six consecutive wine classes. Any of the classes can be taken individually without having taken the others.
- Tasting Like a Pro: This 2-hour class will teach you the basic vocabulary that you will need to know in order to explore wine to its fullest. All 6 wines will be served in a blind tasting.
- Learning Wine Language & secrets of Sommeliers: This 2-hour class will teach you the basic vocabulary that you will need to know in order to explore wine to its fullest. All 6 wines will be served in a blind tasting.
- Big 6 Wine Grapes: 80 percent of the quality wines sold in this country are made from six grape varieties. We will conduct a tasting of one example of each of the 6 wine varietals from different regions of the world. Most students will be amazed to discover that they CAN identify each wine just by sight and smell.
- Old World & New World Wines: In this class we will compare a grape varietal grown in the “Old World” with the same varietal grown in the “New World” countries. and will learn about two fundamental winemaking philosophies.
- Pairing Wine with Food: If you always stick with the “same old, same old” when you order wine, or if you avoid being the one to choose the wine for dinner, this class is for you. Join us to learn about wine & food pairing do’s and don’ts and how to choose a crowd pleasing wine for a dinner party.
- Pairing Wine with Exotic Chocolate and Artisan Cheese: This special class brings together three divine creations: wine, cheese and chocolate. We are inviting you to travel the globe with your palate from Italy to France to Colombia.