Join us to take a wonderful voyage of discovery through the world of wine in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. In each class, we will taste 6 fine wines from classic wine producing countries like France, Italy, and the United States as well as from less known places like Uruguay and South Africa. We will learn about many different regional wine styles within a country and what makes them unique (soil, climate, grape variety, winemaking philosophy). Also we will talk about how to choose wines for consumption versus collection, the importance of vintages in different wine regions, and the best food to pair with the wines.
This course consists of six consecutive wine classes. Any of the classes can be taken individually without having taken the others.
- Wines of Austria, Germany, and the Alsace Region of France
- Wines of Burgundy, Bordeaux, Loire Valley
- Wines of Southern France, and Spain
- Wines of Italy
- Wines of North & South America
- Wines of New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa